Pinecrest lake Camping Septemberish time frame.

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

Stev0

Pinecrest lake Camping Septemberish time frame.

Unread post by Stev0 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:13 am

I've been looking at reserve America campsites and I can get sites back to back...this place is pretty darn cool been here many times...many things to do for just about everyone, there is boating, hiking, fishing...the works. The times I like the best up there are after the summer and headed into September, it's after the school season opens again and the sites become more available that time of year, and the weather starts to cool back down too.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/p ... d=70541#sr

This place also has showers and full restrooms facilities.

Check it out....it's about a 3.5 hr drive from Sacremento. Bring a camera the views here are totally 0.0!!!!
I might just reserve a site and see whom shows up...one site can fit 8 people or so. I have two pop up tents that can room up to 4 people comfortably (2 per tent) So for a few of you all you gotta do is say yes! Bring your personal stuff, sleeping bag and junk, and I can take up to 3 others with me.
"It would be a bitter joke if we destroy ourselves due to atrophy of the imagination." Martha Gellhorn.

Wolfstang

Re: Pinecrest lake Camping Septemberish time frame.

Unread post by Wolfstang » Sun May 01, 2016 8:07 pm

I should be able to attend. Will just have to double check on the dates again when the time gets closer.
Life is easier to swallow covered in fur.

Sparky
Queen of the Zulus

Unread post by Sparky » Sun May 01, 2016 9:26 pm

I want to go, I should be fully equipped gear-wise. I have a whole kitchen setup too that I've barely gotten to use but probably somebody else has something better. If I still have Mallin's cargo box in my possession then I can take a couple people and all their stuff in my car too.

How long would this be for? Two nights?

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:21 pm

Alright...I'm just gonna go for it. Stay tuned.
"It would be a bitter joke if we destroy ourselves due to atrophy of the imagination." Martha Gellhorn.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:42 pm

Ok here goes! Reserved and ready!
I got two sites back to back. Each hold 3 tents and 6 people each site, 2 cars each site.
from-September 9th (Friday)-to-12th Monday.

So basically a 4 day weekend. We head up Friday and come back Monday, you can come and go as you want. We don't all got to be doing the same thing... if some of you want to walk around the lake with a fishing pole gone on ahead, and if another group wants to go hiking that's cool too. Food is simple being what you can, and yes I got us two sites...reason being is that it doubles the size of our campground and allows us to spread out a bit. As we get further in I'm headed up there to scope everything out, take picks of the camp grounds themselves.... all that jazz.

silvermosico
Agent #09095

Unread post by silvermosico » Mon May 02, 2016 11:37 pm

I'm definitely interested. If I can find someone to ride along with me, I'll be happy to take my bus (which doubles as my tent) and should be plenty of space to haul any equipment, plus I could bring my family's stove :)

I'll know more for sure come august (my week long VW trip), I'll definitely keep an eye open in here though! I wanna do a nice trip like this with the group ^-^
Image I eat happiness

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:07 pm

silvermosico wrote:I'm definitely interested. If I can find someone to ride along with me, I'll be happy to take my bus (which doubles as my tent) and should be plenty of space to haul any equipment, plus I could bring my family's stove :)

I'll know more for sure come august (my week long VW trip), I'll definitely keep an eye open in here though! I wanna do a nice trip like this with the group ^-^
Awesome! I'm definitely advocating carpooling...the sites only allow 2 cars each space...BUT there is also remote parking so that's a non issue. I have already reserved two sites back-to-back for 3 days. It's advised to get the sites as early as possible with this place. (Very popular, kind of like Big Basin on the Coast) so this weekend I'm making it an official meet up so if others want to go and it gets to become over 12 people we may need to reserve more sites...soon.

Sparky
Queen of the Zulus

Unread post by Sparky » Wed May 04, 2016 9:28 pm

Stev0 wrote:there is also remote parking so that's a non issue
I was going to ask about this. Honestly I don't like packing light. 8;)

I fixed up my bike today! So I can bring it to tool around on. Maybe I'll have fishing gear by then.

silvermosico
Agent #09095

Unread post by silvermosico » Wed May 04, 2016 10:05 pm

Stev0 wrote:Awesome! I'm definitely advocating carpooling...the sites only allow 2 cars each space...BUT there is also remote parking so that's a non issue.
Awesome! ^-^ I'd for sure hope to park in one of the spaces since I'll be sleeping in my bus, and I'm definitely hoping we get a few people interested so I can grab at least a co-pilot(and maybe a 3rd passenger) since fuel is cheaper when divided! ;)

As long as we aren't tackling any steep grades getting to or from the camp side, my VW has plenty of cargo space! Plus, I pack light for short trips! I'll try to take some pictures of my bus "loaded" when I go camping the weekend after BLFC :D
Image I eat happiness