Sacfur Spring Picnic

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

Wolfstang

Sacfur Spring Picnic

Unread post by Wolfstang » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:55 pm

We've done these in the past and they were a lot of fun. I'd really like to have one of these for our group before the weather gets too crazy hot. I just kinda have my paws tied right now with family in town and working Saturdays. Thought I'd toss this out here in type to see what bites I get. Maybe we could do this on a Sunday?

Figure this being a meet at a larger park in the Sac or Citrus Heights area starting around 10:30AM That would give us time to fursuit before the sun kills us off. Otherwise figure this a normal lunch time BBQ. Kinda bring something to toss on the grill and we'll all chip in bringing stuff. Our group is good at that. Then just hang out and people can come and go as they wish through the afternoon.

Maybe have this during one of the next few Sundays this month?
Life is easier to swallow covered in fur.

Stev0

Re: Sacfur Spring Picnic

Unread post by Stev0 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:53 pm

Yeah id be totally down for that...where abouts you have in mind? Oh yeah...I can BBQ btw. 8-)

I'm really good at ribs, pulled pork, and chicken...and brisket. That too. I even built my own smoker.
"It would be a bitter joke if we destroy ourselves due to atrophy of the imagination." Martha Gellhorn.

Rezsgar

Unread post by Rezsgar » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:50 pm

Stev0 wrote:I'm really good at ribs, pulled pork, and chicken...and brisket. That too. I even built my own smoker.
Mmmmmmm.....smoked meats...... -drools-

BZgamer1147

Unread post by BZgamer1147 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:49 pm

As long as its not on the 17th of April (because I have my nephew's b-day that day) then I would for sure go! Just need to know which park. :)

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Stev0 wrote:Yeah id be totally down for that...where abouts you have in mind? Oh yeah...I can BBQ btw. 8-)

I'm really good at ribs, pulled pork, and chicken...and brisket. That too. I even built my own smoker.
Not sure honestly, but a nice larger park. We had one of these meet two years ago at Discovery Park in Sac, but I'm thinking you have to pay to get in there? Could be wrong though. But they had lots of open tables and places to run around. It's nice being right at the river too, even though we didn't do any swiming. We also had a meet that same year at a San Juan park. I think that was the name of the place. It was a fun meet, but there are not as many tables to spread out on. So yeah still not sure. I just haven't had time this week to think much about this past this post. But we need to do this soon before it gets too hot!

Well shucks on the 17th. If we did it this month that's kinda my best bet. I think I have family in town the 24th. We could still do it next month too. We obviously need some time to get this organized.

Wilshire

Unread post by Wilshire » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Sunday and BBQ both work for me.

BZgamer1147

Unread post by BZgamer1147 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:49 pm

Gah I wish April wasn't so busy for me! xD (Too many birthdays for me to remember that month, its not easy. lol) I'm just glad I'm not going to San Jose this year (like I usually do in this month) otherwise there would be no way I could make it to this event this month.

The month of May would for sure work better for me though since I don't have yearly events for that month (unlike April..... :p ) But could another day work besides Sunday like Friday? I know that may be highly unlikely since that's a weekday and all but hey, see what people say for a Friday. I would say Saturday but you're busy on that day Wolfstang. Just gotta find that day that works for a good number of us to just have fun. The 17th will be busy for me but other than that any other Sunday of this month should work for me. I never have class at ARC on Friday so that's why I threw out that day to see if anyone else is free.

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:51 am

Sunday is probably ganna be our best bet. There are a lot of furs in the group going to school on/off during the week here, but there are also a good number of us "older" furs that work regular jobs and only have the weekends off. And even some of us in that second group work Sats. This group is really hard to plan stuff for due to all of that. Someone is always ganna miss something sadly. I'm off Fridays, but most people in the group are still busy then. Of those who responded here already I know someone is in the same boat as I am. No go on a Saturday.

I'll try to start picking a few good spots in the next few days and post something maybe next week. Probably will end up doing this in May? But even in May there is BLFC and a few other events coming up for the majority of the group. Stay tuned!

BZgamer1147

Unread post by BZgamer1147 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:51 pm

I can see how this would be hard, no doubt. Well hopefully we find a date that most of us can go. I had a whole lot of fun at my first Furry Meet already this month at Fire Side Lanes, and I'm just more excited to go to any future meets as well! :)

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:06 pm

Wolfstang wrote:Sunday is probably ganna be our best bet. There are a lot of furs in the group going to school on/off during the week here, but there are also a good number of us "older" furs that work regular jobs and only have the weekends off. And even some of us in that second group work Sats. This group is really hard to plan stuff for due to all of that. Someone is always ganna miss something sadly. I'm off Fridays, but most people in the group are still busy then. Of those who responded here already I know someone is in the same boat as I am. No go on a Saturday.

I'll try to start picking a few good spots in the next few days and post something maybe next week. Probably will end up doing this in May? But even in May there is BLFC and a few other events coming up for the majority of the group. Stay tuned!
I have a spot that would be pretty good for this:

It is Griffith Quarry Park in Penryn right off Taylor Road. Ultra Pretty, views of the mountains, large expansive field for whatever we want, some trails too, easy to get to, Shaded tables, Free Admission, and it has an interesting story historically speaking.

check it out :
http://www.placer.ca.gov/departments/fa ... uarry-park
"It would be a bitter joke if we destroy ourselves due to atrophy of the imagination." Martha Gellhorn.

BZgamer1147

Unread post by BZgamer1147 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:49 pm

[/quote]

I have a spot that would be pretty good for this:

It is Griffith Quarry Park in Penryn right off Taylor Road. Ultra Pretty, views of the mountains, large expansive field for whatever we want, some trails too, easy to get to, Shaded tables, Free Admission, and it has an interesting story historically speaking.

check it out :
http://www.placer.ca.gov/departments/fa ... uarry-park[/quote]

Hmm. That might not be a bad idea. I've never been to that park but its not too far away from me. (only about 20-25 min drive for me). Might take a little convincing for my parents to let me go that far but, hey I would at least try to make it if that's where most Furs wanna go. :)

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Probably should try to find something a little more down the hill closer to the Citrus Heights area since the majority of the group lives down there. I've been to Griffith at least twice, but it's been a while. I'd really like to find more of a regular park park to do this at. One with paved trails and a nice playground. 'Cause playground equipment and fursuiters need each other haha!

I know the park down by Axton's old place off Arden was a possibility. So was the one near Avi and Avalon's place we've gone to before. Probably will pass on San Juan again since it didn't have too many tables to pick from. I need to look into Discovery Park again to see if you actually have to pay to enter.

BZgamer1147

Unread post by BZgamer1147 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:39 pm

Wolfstang wrote:Probably should try to find something a little more down the hill closer to the Citrus Heights area since the majority of the group lives down there. I've been to Griffith at least twice, but it's been a while. I'd really like to find more of a regular park park to do this at. One with paved trails and a nice playground. 'Cause playground equipment and fursuiters need each other haha!

I know the park down by Axton's old place off Arden was a possibility. So was the one near Avi and Avalon's place we've gone to before. Probably will pass on San Juan again since it didn't have too many tables to pick from. I need to look into Discovery Park again to see if you actually have to pay to enter.

Carmichael Park maybe? I know you said Citrus Heights but that's not tooo far away is it? 5750 Grant Ave I've been there once before last month with my family. Its a nice area, big park, playground. Stuff like that if I'm not mistaken. I'm just throwing out ideas. ^^; I know there are a few parks in the area live at (I live right next to ARC, little actually right next to it) but I just don't know the names of it honestly.

I'm sorry if none of my ideas are helpful, but I'm trying my best. ^^:

Sparky
Queen of the Zulus

Unread post by Sparky » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:52 pm

I'd like to do this, I can do a Sunday as long as I know enough in advance to get everything I would do on Sunday done on Saturday. I've been experimenting with making my own bratwurst, maybe I could bring some of those. ^q^

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:41 pm

Yeah....hmmm there is also the Ancil Hoffman park on the American River..they have a fee though.

Yeah Charmichael park would be a better fit.

Also Maidu Park.