Sacfur Spring Picnic

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

Raxmei
Seven of Swords

Re: Sacfur Spring Picnic

Unread post by Raxmei » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:36 pm

I think we've had some success at Miller Park a few times. Over by the river, has some picnic areas, and not as crowded as Discovery.

Sparky
Queen of the Zulus

Unread post by Sparky » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Carmichael Park holds a farmer's market from 9-2 on Sundays this time of year, I don't know if that would be a plus or a deterrant to having a furry picnic at the same time...but the Davepops guy is there either every Sunday or every other Sunday and Davepops are awesome. B:P

http://www.davepops.com

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:54 pm

Will have to look at those. I didn't make it to the Miller Park meet last year sadly. I don't think I've ever been there. Thanks for the heads up on the activities at those parks you've mentioned.
Life is easier to swallow covered in fur.

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:46 pm

OK. We're ganna roll with Sunday May 22nd for this. That's the Sunday after BLFC. We're also ganna make this a Birthday party meet for Avalon. I'm still looking over the parks down there. I want to find one that has plenty of picnic tables, a decent lawn, and a good play ground area. Will keep you posted.

BZgamer1147

Unread post by BZgamer1147 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:12 pm

Wolfstang wrote:OK. We're ganna roll with Sunday May 22nd for this. That's the Sunday after BLFC. We're also ganna make this a Birthday party meet for Avalon. I'm still looking over the parks down there. I want to find one that has plenty of picnic tables, a decent lawn, and a good play ground area. Will keep you posted.
Oh that would be a perfect date for me to go since the Spring Semester in ARC will be done by then. (Well at least for me lol), and hopefully it''ll be at a park within good distance for a lot of us to make it. :) Ohh this is exciting! Not only would I go to a Furry Meet at a park but a Birthday party as well! (That's going to be interesting I'm sure. XD)

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:10 pm

May 22nd? Cool. I'll put that on the calendar. How do we want to handle the food? Potluck style? And my vote would to be keep it under 21 friendly as far as the beverage options are concerned.
"It would be a bitter joke if we destroy ourselves due to atrophy of the imagination." Martha Gellhorn.

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:46 pm

Stev0 wrote:May 22nd? Cool. I'll put that on the calendar. How do we want to handle the food? Potluck style? And my vote would to be keep it under 21 friendly as far as the beverage options are concerned.
Yeah all of what StevO said. We'll be out in public representing our group and the fandom so yeah... behave! I hope to find a good park with nice tables and BBQ's we can utilize. That shouldn't be too hard. Last few times we did this we all just noted here what we were bringing to share so that helped plan this better. Figure for those that can/want to bring extra food for others too that would be nice if it can be done, but not neccessary.

If you or someone want to cook something nice and special that would be great also, but not required. I just wanna have a fun event out with our group and have a little BBQ. I've threatened before I wanted to organize some (basic and simple) fursuit games next time we did something like this. Not sure if I'll have the time to organize that, but still might try to do so. We'll see.

tala toucan

Unread post by tala toucan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:01 pm

Wolfstang wrote:OK. We're ganna roll with Sunday May 22nd for this. That's the Sunday after BLFC. We're also ganna make this a Birthday party meet for Avalon. I'm still looking over the parks down there. I want to find one that has plenty of picnic tables, a decent lawn, and a good play ground area. Will keep you posted.
That sounds like a good plan. I have another meet to suggest as well. I don't know if people are going to be doing anything besides the Furbowl on the weekend that this event is on but this is what it is. There is a festival that my town (Elk Grove CA.) has every year at "Elk Grove Park," which is a huge park with picnic tables, a big pond, a play ground, and plenty of space to run around! The festival is called "The Elk Grove Western Festival," and this year is their 59th anniversary! There will be a parade, games, shops, horses, cowboys, rides, classic cars, and even a barbecuing championship! B:P The festival is on April, 29th and goes till March 1st, it starts at 10:00 AM. You can go to elkgrovewesternfestival.org to learn more information about it. Just thought I'd throw this out there as an idea. 8:D
TOU-CAN DO IT!!

silvermosico
Agent #09095

Unread post by silvermosico » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:30 pm

A spring picnic/BBQ does sound good! :3
Image I eat happiness

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:21 pm

tala toucan wrote:
That sounds like a good plan. I have another meet to suggest as well. I don't know if people are going to be doing anything besides the Furbowl on the weekend that this event is on but this is what it is. There is a festival that my town (Elk Grove CA.) has every year at "Elk Grove Park," which is a huge park with picnic tables, a big pond, a play ground, and plenty of space to run around! The festival is called "The Elk Grove Western Festival," and this year is their 59th anniversary! There will be a parade, games, shops, horses, cowboys, rides, classic cars, and even a barbecuing championship! B:P The festival is on April, 29th and goes till March 1st, it starts at 10:00 AM. You can go to elkgrovewesternfestival.org to learn more information about it. Just thought I'd throw this out there as an idea. 8:D
I'll have to look into that Tala. Thanks for the heads up. Not sure at the moment if I'll be available that weekend. I might have family staying with me again that weekend. Will keep you posted.

silvermosico
Agent #09095

Unread post by silvermosico » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:28 pm

Wolfstang wrote:We're ganna roll with Sunday May 22nd for this.
ah poo, just noticed this lol

I don't think I'll be able to make it then x3 going to be out of town camping lol
Image I eat happiness

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:36 am

silvermosico wrote:
Wolfstang wrote:We're ganna roll with Sunday May 22nd for this.
ah poo, just noticed this lol

I don't think I'll be able to make it then x3 going to be out of town camping lol
Well shoot dang! Sorry to hear so. Have fun on your trip. Hopefully our group will actually have a camping outting together this year.

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:13 pm

I think I found us a pretty nice park for our Spring Fling Picnic Thing. Checked out this park in the downtown Sac area this morning and it looks promising. But I still have to look into the logistics of it. The big question is how many furs we'll have attending this. Will keep y'all posted and hopefully officially announce the park soon.