Camping.

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

Stev0

Camping.

Unread post by Stev0 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:24 pm

I'd like to open the floor for this idea...Id Like to Host a camping trip...A long 4 day camping trip possibly up near us somewhere. I personally know of a TON of camping sites south of us near Sonora Pass. Pinecrest lake has these awesome group camping spots we can reserve. Just FYI.

It's going to be an open ticket...it's one of those deals where you can come and stay as long as you wish and leave on your own schedule. I like the idea of reserving a group site that way you can just come up at your leasure and not have to worry about finding a spot...

What ya guys think?
"It would be a bitter joke if we destroy ourselves due to atrophy of the imagination." Martha Gellhorn.

Sparky
Queen of the Zulus

Re: Camping.

Unread post by Sparky » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:41 pm

I might be interested if I don't have to drive 8 hours (like I would for Campfire Tails). 8:p

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:39 pm

Oh yeah it would definitely be a place that is easy access and close...within 3hrs at most.
"It would be a bitter joke if we destroy ourselves due to atrophy of the imagination." Martha Gellhorn.

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:54 pm

Funny. I was actually thinking today that I might post somethiing like this too, but decided not to. Then I saw your post. Small world. Heck yeah I'm in!
Life is easier to swallow covered in fur.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:09 pm

This is what I'm proposing.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/p ... rkId=70597

I've been here before and it really nice so I'll be posting some pics soon for you guys to see. Cost is 85 a night and then we would split the cost up to whom is all coming...the added benefit to getting a group site is really set up like a private camp site is that its super peaceful, we don't have to deal with other campers and we can be ourselves without being bothered by anyone, and has a bit of everything for everyone, it is SUPER beautiful!

The next available extended weekender spot will be open on the 9th through the 12th of September. If we want to do that we need to (I will be) reserving the spot in advance. It's a 123 Mile drive to the place...all paved so a lowered Honda civic could get to it LOL. The sites can hold 40-100 people and 12 cars...we get almost an entire parking lot to ourselves. and a HUGE camping spot that has tables and grilling stations. It's all BYOB for all food related items....the 1st night I'll host a BBQ for everyone attending.

Anyways that's for later but we need to make a decision on it pretty soon if we want to get that.

In the mean time if we want to do some local camping and sooner...there are plenty of nice spots around Folsom lake for a small group weekend warrior vacation type thing. I'm certainty open to other ideas as for group sites, so please speak up if you have any ideas in mind.

Sparky
Queen of the Zulus

Unread post by Sparky » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:48 pm

It sounds good but its possible it might conflict with the FC Picnic, which could fall on the same weekend. Just wanted to give a heads up. Unfortunately of course there's no knowing this early which weekend FCP will end up on, but as far as I can recall its in mid September...or it was last year, anyways. 8:p

Pulsifer

Unread post by Pulsifer » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:01 pm

I am definitely down for Pioneer Creek, Stev0. Zigg and I would love to go, and since it's over a weekend it's not likely to interfere with school in the fall.

I may even be able to offer some space in my car, depending on luggage, could possibly bring 1 or 2 more people with us.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:22 pm

Yeah I still want to do that too...I may just reserve it anyways.
those sites cater up to 40 to 100...so BRING EM MAN!!!

After doing some digging I came across this if we want to do something more nowish.
And looks like it can cater to quite a few people too, and we can get sites back to back so that's a plus:

http://orchardspringscampground.com/scotts-flat-lake-2/

I'm going to go Scout out the location soon and get more information.
I'm thinking we can set up a camping trip sometime in Mid June. or sooner even, Thoughts?

right now I'm just trying to throw together ideas for us to chew on.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Pulsifer wrote:I am definitely down for Pioneer Creek, Stev0. Zigg and I would love to go, and since it's over a weekend it's not likely to interfere with school in the fall.

I may even be able to offer some space in my car, depending on luggage, could possibly bring 1 or 2 more people with us.
Yeah if we did that I'm going take a day and bring a group up to go hiking up past Kennedy Meadows and into Upper Relief Reservoir, since we would be up in that area and all. Talk about your scenery. up on Sonora pass...that place is special.