Scandia? :D

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

BZgamer1147

Scandia? :D

Unread post by BZgamer1147 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:39 pm

First of all, hello there everyone! My name is Brandon (Fursona's name is Kuma the Raccoon) and this is my very first post on this website.

I'm not really sure how meet ups works or how to make plans and whatnot, however you guys do it, but one meet up place I kinda had an idea on was perhaps a place called Scandia? Its located at 5070 Hillsdale Blvd, Sacramento, CA and its a little fun park. It has an arcade, mini-golf, bumper cars (I think), a ride called "The Screamer" (but you're not allowed to scream on it....ironically....xD) and fun stuff like that! I have noooo idea if its Fursuit friendly or not, I'm not really sure how to check that out honestly but it could be a fun place for us Furries to meet up, socialize, and...have fun! Yeah.

Nooooow during the time I post this, I've never ever been to a Fur Meet before. I just found out Friday night there are even Furries in Sacramento! (I thought I was the only one :o ) Soooo yeah, I'd love to go to any meets I can. March 18th, 2016 my Spring Break starts and I'll have time off college soooo...maybe there be a meet I could attend and meet some of you...So yeah, tell me what you think of Scandia and the idea of a Fur Meet there. ^^;

Wolfstang

Re: Scandia? :D

Unread post by Wolfstang » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:09 pm

Hey there Kuma and welcome to the group. Yeah you pretty much did this right. If you have an "idea" for a meet up, it pretty much gets posted here. If/when it becomes a reality of sorts, it gets moved to the "meet" postings. The site operators kinda do that, or you can start that off by reposting a new posting under "meets." Something like that.

We looked into Scandia last year and they said they don't allow anyone on their property with their heads covered. So fursuits are a no go there. That's when we moved our mini golf meets (when we had them for a while) to Golf Land in Roseville. The one right next to the Taylor Rd. overpass on I-80. Or Sunsplash Park. That place. Those meets were a good time, so yeah you had a good idea there.

Hope you can attend a meet soon. We're kinda hit and miss on activities as a group these days besides our monthly furbowls. Just keep watch on the post or like you did already, post some of your ideas.

See you around.
Wolfstang
Life is easier to swallow covered in fur.

BZgamer1147

Unread post by BZgamer1147 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:00 pm

Ah, well alright then no big deal. Guess I'll just be on the look out for anything else I guess and see where I could go to a meet. Thanks. ^^;

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:22 pm

You can still go with organizing a meet up at Scandia. That would be fun. I was just trying to say they don't allow fursuiters.

BZgamer1147

Unread post by BZgamer1147 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:04 pm

I wouldn't know how to do that honestly because I don't really know much Furries around the area. And even if I did I wouldn't know the first step of stetting something like that up. ^^;

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:38 pm

BZgamer1147 wrote:I wouldn't know how to do that honestly because I don't really know much Furries around the area. And even if I did I wouldn't know the first step of stetting something like that up. ^^;
Hey there! Welcome to the group 8-)...if you would like to get to know us a bit better, there is a once a month meet and greet over at fireside lanes. You are definitely welcome to join in. It's a great way to meet everyone. :) well not everyone...lol, many of us. I think that would be a decent start.
"It would be a bitter joke if we destroy ourselves due to atrophy of the imagination." Martha Gellhorn.

VarekWolf

Unread post by VarekWolf » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:53 pm

Welcome! I'm new here myself. My first furbowl was last weekend, and as Stev0 suggests it's a great way to meet the group. Some bowl in suit, some don't. It's a fun event and everyone has a good time.
AKA Alvarado, Fiero, Tenaya
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/varek-wolf
Twitter @VarekWolf
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/143058546@N03/

BZgamer1147

Unread post by BZgamer1147 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:24 am

Well I was told where you guys have your Bowl meets on Facebook and found out its only a 10 min drive away from where I live so that's lucky for me! :D

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:56 pm

BZgamer1147 wrote:I wouldn't know how to do that honestly because I don't really know much Furries around the area. And even if I did I wouldn't know the first step of stetting something like that up. ^^;
No worries, but you're on the right track. You posted this here. That's a great start.