Outdoor trips...Biking, Hiking, Fishing.

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

Stev0

Outdoor trips...Biking, Hiking, Fishing.

Unread post by Stev0 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:01 am

So I have found that a few of you has expressed interest in the idea of a meet up involving the great outdoors :) I'm very much interested in this idea myself so let's discuss this.

Next weekend (Sunday the 21st) I was thinking about heading to Hidden falls for a bit of Mtn Biking.
"It would be a bitter joke if we destroy ourselves due to atrophy of the imagination." Martha Gellhorn.

Wolfstang

Re: Outdoor trips...Biking, Hiking, Fishing.

Unread post by Wolfstang » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:08 pm

I'm in if y'all go after lunch or so.
Life is easier to swallow covered in fur.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Wolfstang wrote:I'm in if y'all go after lunch or so.
If we all get there by 1:30 or so...that will be perfect.
"It would be a bitter joke if we destroy ourselves due to atrophy of the imagination." Martha Gellhorn.

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:48 pm

I can do that. We wanna all meet there?

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:38 pm

Yeah I believe that would be best.

VarekWolf

Unread post by VarekWolf » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:18 am

Where do you like to go hiking? I try to get in at least one hike a month and have walked trails at Cronan Ranch, Rancho Seco, and Robie Point. I'm free most weekends beginning in mid-March (right now it's Girl Scout cookie sale season and I'm the troop's cookie boss).
AKA Alvarado, Fiero, Tenaya
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/varek-wolf
Twitter @VarekWolf
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/143058546@N03/

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:08 pm

I like to go out in the American River Canyon area east of Auburn most weekends since I'm right here in Auburn. When it's warmer I like to head north up to the Scott's Flat area or around the Empire Mine in Grass Valley. I have a trail guide for this area that I seriously need to break out and find some new spots though. There was one out just before George Town I've been wanting to look at too.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:00 pm

Right off of 49 is the Robie point fire break trail...not to difficult but there are a bunch of off shoots From it but where they end up I don't know really(no signs) can provide a decent outing and the views are pretty decent too...I know there are tons more to explore...and can't wait to do so....I'd say it good one for bringing the Lil ones.

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:57 pm

Stev0 wrote:Right off of 49 is the Robie point fire break trail...not to difficult but there are a bunch of off shoots From it but where they end up I don't know really(no signs) can provide a decent outing and the views are pretty decent too...I know there are tons more to explore...and can't wait to do so....I'd say it good one for bringing the Lil ones.
The main trail down in that area is the actual roadbed from the old Mountain Quarries Railroad. It runs from the quarry back south to the Auburn dam sight where they wrecked the old line's right of way. But a lot of it can still be found including the piers from the tressels and some actual wooden RR ties. Even one of the old water towers. I've hiked that line a bunch and can point out most of what's still there from the RR. I love local history. But there are tons of trails like you said spuring off each other down there.

VarekWolf

Unread post by VarekWolf » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:20 am

I was on the Robie Point trail last weekend. Kind of a spur-of-the-moment hike to check out the trail. Most difficult part was trying to find a parking place somewhere along 49 close to the trailhead. Empire Mine is on my list of places to go. I'd be interested in joining up on the next group hike.
AKA Alvarado, Fiero, Tenaya
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/varek-wolf
Twitter @VarekWolf
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/143058546@N03/

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:08 pm

VarekWolf wrote:I was on the Robie Point trail last weekend. Kind of a spur-of-the-moment hike to check out the trail. Most difficult part was trying to find a parking place somewhere along 49 close to the trailhead. Empire Mine is on my list of places to go. I'd be interested in joining up on the next group hike.
Empire mines is really neat. I have not been there in years though. Would be a proper place to see though.
Well let's make plans then. The main question is then where to go...(darn its such a tough life here in CA we have to make decisions on what to do and where to go...just too many to count really) (grumbles) lol

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:59 pm

Well four of us from the group hit Hidden Falls again today and had a great time. Sadly there are not too many furs in the group who mountain bike. I know several though have road bikes that expressed intrest in doing a ride on the Sac bike trail system last year. Maybe we could have a bike meet down there soon.

Also we should host a hiking trip in the very near future while the weather is still good. And the snakes are not out yet too! Anyone have a good hiking spot that's not too far away so we could all make it that wanna attend?

I'd have to be a Sunday for me to make it though.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 pm

Yeah I could sees us host a hiking trip...that would be a cool idea. We just need to think about where?
What do you have in mind Wolfstang?

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:10 pm

Will have to think on that. Might be fun to take off from a park we could have lunch at first maybe.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:11 am

Yeah we could do lunch, which park though? I vote keep it easy for now somthing within the Aurburn State Recreation area maybe?