Outdoor trips...Biking, Hiking, Fishing.

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

Stev0

Re: Outdoor trips...Biking, Hiking, Fishing.

Unread post by Stev0 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:00 pm

Wolfstang wrote:Yeah it's a bit damp out today. Maybe next weekend?
Yeah next weekends forecast looks like it will be in much better shape! Its going to be nice 20% chance of precipitation, high 60s...yeah let's shoot for that. Am showers possible but will clear by noon and be sunny.
"It would be a bitter joke if we destroy ourselves due to atrophy of the imagination." Martha Gellhorn.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:46 pm

I have some ideas for more hikes in the future...one thing I want to do is go head up to Scotts Flat...and check the place out. If anyone wants to tag along you are more than welcome to do so. The intent is to gather information for a group camping trip that id like to get organized sometime before the summer hits after BLFC (that time frame basically).

just a heads up.
"It would be a bitter joke if we destroy ourselves due to atrophy of the imagination." Martha Gellhorn.

silvermosico
Agent #09095

Unread post by silvermosico » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:29 pm

Stev0 wrote:The intent is to gather information for a group camping trip that id like to get organized sometime before the summer hits after BLFC (that time frame basically).
Some of us used to go camping up at Scott's Flat years ago, but its been a good 6+ years since we've gone as a group? They have a decent campground setup, but I don't think we ever got enough interest to shoot for the group site. Maybe we might be able to get a good number with all the activity we have thanks to the local bowling meets? :)
Image I eat happiness

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:36 pm

Stev0 wrote:I have some ideas for more hikes in the future...one thing I want to do is go head up to Scotts Flat...and check the place out. If anyone wants to tag along you are more than welcome to do so. The intent is to gather information for a group camping trip that id like to get organized sometime before the summer hits after BLFC (that time frame basically).

just a heads up.
Yeah if you head to Scott's Flat on a Friday or Sunday I'll join you. As far as camping goes too I can tell you a bit about gate one up there, but I've not been over to gate two as much. Gate one has nicer spots I think for smaller groups. I know the only offical group spot they have at gate one is huge. Like for 100 people. That's really too big for us and besides that loop is a bit open. I have a few favorite spots at gate one that are more private and have lots of tree cover. Sadly they limit the vehicle count to two and poeple to eight per site. But you can double that getting two spots together. They're regualr sites usually run around $70 a weekend. I'm going up there at least once this year on my own, or with anyone that wants to come up with me. At least if the head count is doable.

You'll want to take a bike if you go up there to look around since the camp groud gate is locked in the off season.
Life is easier to swallow covered in fur.

Wilshire

Unread post by Wilshire » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:56 pm

If this turns into a biking meetup on a Sunday I may be tempted to make the drive up there.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:30 pm

Yeah I think we should bring our bikes...my old bike I'm back to reassembly mode and it will be up and running easily by the end of the week...so that is a go...SOOOO question is this weekend might be tough for me...but the following Sunday would be awesome for an outing? Let's plan for that.

And as far as camping... yeah, I was really looking to keep it simple, announce to others what I'm doing, and maybe a few of us can synchronize our watches to make it work...even if it's just a few of us I don't mind.

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:04 am

FYI I will be out of town this weekend.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:13 am

Right exactly, I was thinking about April 10th.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:41 am

I was thinking about going on a hike this Sunday...weather seems to be decent enough. what ya think?

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:03 am

I'd be up for it if I can make it. Will watch to see whatcha end up doing.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:46 am

Cool, I do have a few places in mind...I just need to go find it. stay tuned....its up in Nevada city or Colfax.
Last edited by Stev0 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stev0

Unread post by Stev0 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:27 pm

eeh some of these places are just a bit too far.
Lets keep it simple and head to Robbie Point Fire Break Trail. If we get there in the AM it will be easy parking wise.

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Stev0 wrote:eeh some of these places are just a bit too far.
Lets keep it simple and head to Robbie Point Fire Break Trail. If we get there in the AM it will be easy parking wise.
If y'all want, we can meet at my house and then carpool over there.

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:28 pm

I just posted our last mountain biking trip to Hidden Falls here. The post and link are also under the "Just For Fun" section.
https://youtu.be/jQWz7A7vzWo

silvermosico
Agent #09095

Unread post by silvermosico » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:41 pm

Stev0 wrote:eeh some of these places are just a bit too far.
lol, that's the issue I'm running into. It'd be fun to have a local biking thing, just ride the trail and make a day of it
Image I eat happiness