Global Winter Wonderland's Costume Day

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

Catprowler

Global Winter Wonderland's Costume Day

Unread post by Catprowler » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:51 am

Saturday December 5th.
Full time is 3pm to 11pm Meet maybe 5pm?
Place is Cal Expo Fairgrounds.

I'm hoping we can work something out with an exact time that works for everyone along with a place... Usually the fountain works as a good meeting spot but as for time it might be wiser to wait until more events are announced which I will post as I find them for this day. I am also looking into trying to find a storage space, but that looks doubtful. Best option might be a van or large truck where we could stack bins and things in while were inside. ~ I still have a contact at Cal Expo who hasn't yet returned my message.

SacAnime is hosting a Costume day at Global Winter Wonderland at Cal Expo.
First thing you should do is check out there site at: http://www.globalwonderland.com/public/ ... /index.cfm
There is a great deal of things happening which include the World of Lights, Shopping, Rides, Special Events and of course at some point there is a costume contest as well. But for those that wish to take things a little further I am currently trying to get a response from Midway of Fun the Events ride company to find out if we can suit on some of the easier rides, there is also a possibility of getting in the PARADE, and loads of other stuff. For those who wish to take it a step further you can always check on their site, go to the ABOUT tab and choose Become a Performer.

Now here's the secret.......... When purchasing either a ticket or unlimited rides wristband you can use the special promo code SacAnime. This gives you and automatic 25% discount!!! $43.00 for ticket and rides becomes $32.25 and just the normal $18.00 becomes just $13.50

As I said before I'm still working on contacting the Fairground to try and find a spot to stash bins, waiting on Email response from Ride company, AND still in contact with Global winter wonderland itself to see about being part of their parade. AND I should also state this is going up on Bay Area Furries Meetup and Facebook for some others so the turnout might be quite large.

Pounce!
SacFur masCAT

Re: Global Winter Wonderland's Costume Day

Unread post by Pounce! » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:17 am

Repost: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8830
This is already a local official meetup.

Please post discussion there.
Is it safe?...Doubtful.