Bike Ride Meets?

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

Sparky
Queen of the Zulus

Re: Bike Ride Meets?

Unread post by Sparky » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:57 pm

I'm not interested in bike riding at this time but I live within walking distance of the Watt junction of the bike trail along the river. People could start here, parking at my house, if needed.

JustABigTeddyBear

Unread post by JustABigTeddyBear » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:30 am

Folsom has bunches of bike trails... all paved. Could do folsom lake in theory, too. Not sure if people have the means to get all the way out here though.

silvermosico
Agent #09095

Unread post by silvermosico » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:16 pm

JustABigTeddyBear wrote:Folsom has bunches of bike trails... all paved. Could do folsom lake in theory, too. Not sure if people have the means to get all the way out here though.
I've heard! I'm super interested in Folsom trails myself!
Image I eat happiness

JustABigTeddyBear

Unread post by JustABigTeddyBear » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:02 pm

It's really easy to get lost in Folsom. X) There's a whole bunch of trails that go from right down the street from my house, all the way to the American river near Folsom Boulevard, then continue from there all the way to Sacramento.

I'm thinking if there's a bike ride meet downtown, I'd ride my bike a couple miles to the light rail station and take the light rail downtown. Just typed it into Google maps - it's 4.2 miles from my house to the light rail station? 3.9 if you take back roads? I'd be down for starting somewhere else besides my house, though. :P

A good portion of the trails near me go through swamps and the breaks between suburban houses that have wetlands in them. It's super fun to ride at night.