Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
silvermosico
Agent #09095
Posts: 1366
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:53 pm
Location: Arden Arcade in Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by silvermosico » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:46 pm

I know there are some who have shown interest in carpooling down (at least once) to go to the chicken meet one of these Thursdays down in San Jose.

The meet happens nearly every Thursday evening, 5pm-whenever, and well, I'd like to see who all might like to go, and if so when.

I know I'll be trying to make it down myself sometime next month!
Image I eat happiness

User avatar
Sparky
Queen of the Zulus
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:16 am
Location: La Riviera, CA
Contact:

Re: Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by Sparky » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:27 am

I didn't know this was every week, I thought it was monthly. Yes I'd like to go, as long as I have a few days' notice. I can drive and fit three people, depending on if people are bringing fursuits/whatever. (Gas monies would be expected.)

User avatar
silvermosico
Agent #09095
Posts: 1366
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:53 pm
Location: Arden Arcade in Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by silvermosico » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:30 am

Sparky wrote:I didn't know this was every week, I thought it was monthly. Yes I'd like to go, as long as I have a few days' notice. I can drive and fit three people, depending on if people are bringing fursuits/whatever. (Gas monies would be expected.)
Its every Thursday, I'm thinking of trying to make it down on the 9th? That'd be the first Thursday I'll have money for the trip.

I'm not planning on bringing my suit, but I do know people suit up from time to time, though I'd definitely suggest a jacket, it does get fairly cool!

I feel ya, money is tight and I'd expect gas monies (or something) as well :> I'd definitely be up for pitching in $10-20 :)
Image I eat happiness

User avatar
silvermosico
Agent #09095
Posts: 1366
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:53 pm
Location: Arden Arcade in Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by silvermosico » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:19 am

Which thursday works best this month? :O I wanna make plans to go so I can budget for it ;)
Image I eat happiness

User avatar
Sparky
Queen of the Zulus
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:16 am
Location: La Riviera, CA
Contact:

Re: Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by Sparky » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:57 pm

Just not this week. Pretty sure the others all work for me?

User avatar
avaloncruz
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 12:39 pm
Location: Citrus Heights
Contact:

Re: Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by avaloncruz » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:04 pm

I wouldn't be able to attend this because I typically don't get out of work until between 4:30 and 5pm unfortunately. Though I have been curious about this one and the Black Bear Diner place that they also do a meetup at.

User avatar
seraph
Snowmew Overlord
Posts: 1384
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:21 am
Contact:

Re: Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by seraph » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:33 pm

I could be down for one. I just don't want to shlep my own ass down there, so carpooling would be great!
If you're tired of tea, then you're tired of life.

User avatar
silvermosico
Agent #09095
Posts: 1366
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:53 pm
Location: Arden Arcade in Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by silvermosico » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:49 pm

Sparky wrote:Just not this week. Pretty sure the others all work for me?
Shall we try for the 16th? Once we settle on a date the real question becomes: who is driving and how much do we need to pitch in for fuel?
seraph wrote:I could be down for one. I just don't want to shlep my own ass down there, so carpooling would be great!
Woot! Reduction in costs :D
avaloncruz wrote:I wouldn't be able to attend this because I typically don't get out of work until between 4:30 and 5pm unfortunately. Though I have been curious about this one and the Black Bear Diner place that they also do a meetup at.


The beauty of the chicken meet is: it runs until whenever (most in the bay show up around 7-9pm), it really comes down to those carpooling down from Sac on when people want to leave.
Image I eat happiness

User avatar
Sparky
Queen of the Zulus
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:16 am
Location: La Riviera, CA
Contact:

Re: Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by Sparky » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:04 pm

And I'd really rather avoid rush hour traffic. So for me that either means going down early and spending some time down there beforehand, or going after traffic has started to die down.

User avatar
Rezsgar
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:08 am

Re: Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by Rezsgar » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:19 am

Well, my car gets great gas mileage, so I'm good for driving anywhere. Just give me directions and I can take 4 people to where ever.

Also, prollaby should have asked this first....what the heck is a "crack chicken meet"?

User avatar
silvermosico
Agent #09095
Posts: 1366
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:53 pm
Location: Arden Arcade in Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by silvermosico » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:57 am

Rezsgar wrote:Also, prollaby should have asked this first....what the heck is a "crack chicken meet"?
I took a screen shot

It's a Bay Area furmeet that happens every week (unless otherwise stated on the meetup site)
Image I eat happiness

User avatar
silvermosico
Agent #09095
Posts: 1366
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:53 pm
Location: Arden Arcade in Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by silvermosico » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:59 am

Sparky wrote:And I'd really rather avoid rush hour traffic. So for me that either means going down early and spending some time down there beforehand, or going after traffic has started to die down.
I am personally fine with either option :)
Image I eat happiness

User avatar
Sparky
Queen of the Zulus
Posts: 1376
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:16 am
Location: La Riviera, CA
Contact:

Re: Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by Sparky » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:57 am

I'm going to have to hold off on this for a while, at least until after BLFC. I just don't have the time or really the money right now for a road trip (and that means next week too).

User avatar
silvermosico
Agent #09095
Posts: 1366
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:53 pm
Location: Arden Arcade in Sacramento, CA
Contact:

Re: Thursday Night "Crack Chicken" Meetup

Unread post by silvermosico » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Sparky wrote:I'm going to have to hold off on this for a while, at least until after BLFC. I just don't have the time or really the money right now for a road trip (and that means next week too).
Thats fine with me :> I'm kinda in the same boat for money lol
Image I eat happiness

Post Reply