Sacfurs 11th anniversary Feb 14th

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

JustABigTeddyBear

Re: Sacfurs 11th anniversary Feb 14th

Unread post by JustABigTeddyBear » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:28 pm

I've got pictures! Uploading later when I get home or I can text anyone who wants them.

There's a Mexican place literally down the street too. I'm gonna go scout it out and see how it is.

Edit: Oh wow there's two of them. checked out LA Rosa Blanca at Coloma street and not the little tiny one next to the tattoo parlor literally across the street. This one is a sit down place that's barely more expensive than LA Fiesta.

Also, half of the grass in the park is blocked off. :/

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:27 pm

I will likely attend this. I'll let y'all figure out what you wanna do for food though. I love mex so I have no problem with that, but if we decide to bring food to the park I can bring something if we go that way. What time are we thinking for this meet? And are we going to the zoo before the park? Fursuiting or just hanging out as humans do?
Life is easier to swallow covered in fur.

RamenNoodles

Unread post by RamenNoodles » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:49 am

I'd love to Go I was disappointed that I did't make it to the last few Furbowls, So I'm Excited to do something Fun the the group :D
Professional Scapegoat

Sparky
Queen of the Zulus

Unread post by Sparky » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:04 am

Btw, zoos are best as early in the morning as possible (when the animals are active). They don't open until 10 though, so I think that's when we should go.

JustABigTeddyBear

Unread post by JustABigTeddyBear » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:29 am

Ok, so... I'm gonna need to leave around 2:30pm. I'm totally down for 10am show. We can absolutely make this happen! I can contribute funding towards food, too. I'm a horrible cook though. X)

I ran out of time last night for pictures... sorry. I've got pictures of the area, though!

We may have to be there early to be sure we have access to the park and there's no birthdays invading lol.

Sparky
Queen of the Zulus

Unread post by Sparky » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:32 pm

So there's a grill? We'd have to bring charcoal and lighter fluid and all that?

Btw, isn't there absolutely NO way at this point to know how many people are actually coming? Maybe evetybody should just bring their own cold food, and not bother with the grill. Or, we just go to a restaurant. 8:p

Rennon

Unread post by Rennon » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:12 pm

So, there are two threads going for the Zoo. One specifically for Monday and this one for this weekend. Are we looking at Monday specifically or a different day?

Sparky
Queen of the Zulus

Unread post by Sparky » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:39 pm

Rennon wrote:So, there are two threads going for the Zoo. One specifically for Monday and this one for this weekend. Are we looking at Monday specifically or a different day?
I thought we were making the Folsom Zoo meet on Saturday the official one, since its the Sacfurs anniversary? I guess people could go both days if they wanted.

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Just throwing this out there. I know the other post was talking about doing something (also) on Monday. I can't make that cause I have to work Monday, but will likely attend whatever the group is doing Saturday. I'm up for the zoo and hanging out at the park arferwards if that's the final pick of our activities. I will probably bring my fursuit as a partial, but only wear it at the park? Not sure what the zoo thinks about fursuits. I know some are cool with it, but I know nothing about Folsom's.

Rennon

Unread post by Rennon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:13 pm

Wolfstang wrote:Just throwing this out there. I know the other post was talking about doing something (also) on Monday. I can't make that cause I have to work Monday, but will likely attend whatever the group is doing Saturday. I'm up for the zoo and hanging out at the park arferwards if that's the final pick of our activities. I will probably bring my fursuit as a partial, but only wear it at the park? Not sure what the zoo thinks about fursuits. I know some are cool with it, but I know nothing about Folsom's.
Sent an e-mail to the Folsom Zoo and got this response: Your question about visiting the zoo with people in fur suits was forwarded to me. Although we do not have an official policy on people wearing fur suits and entering the zoo I would ask that people don’t do that. Several of our animals have adverse reactions to our own mascot costumes as well as guide dogs in the zoo.

Zoren
who?

Unread post by Zoren » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:31 pm

Apparently I misread the other plans on the other thread and there were plans to go to the Folsom zoo on Monday, not Saturday... Not sure what to do now.. we can duplicate a zoo trip but don't know how that works out.. Really it seems like most of the planning for this weekend is not working out well at all.

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Not sure if I'll be making it now to whatever it is the group decides on. But I will watch and still may try to attend something. I need cheering up!

JustABigTeddyBear

Unread post by JustABigTeddyBear » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:14 pm

I have money's to contribute for foods. I'm horrible at deciding what to eat and cooking though. X)

Do we still want to meet at the Mexican place? Also, it's confirmed for Saturday? Can we make a thread outside the ideas/planning phase now?

onewiththegiraffe

Unread post by onewiththegiraffe » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:44 pm

Zoren wrote:Apparently I misread the other plans on the other thread and there were plans to go to the Folsom zoo on Monday, not Saturday... Not sure what to do now.. we can duplicate a zoo trip but don't know how that works out.. Really it seems like most of the planning for this weekend is not working out well at all.
Gah! I'm so sorry about the trouble I've caused trying to set up a meet on Monday. I posted it, then became inactive for a bit. I personally would prefer to go with a large group on Saturday, but the only problem is I may not have a ride. However, if I go Saturday, I probably won't go on Monday to the zoo. Maybe we should go Saturday, then schedule something next weekend? Again, I'm so so sorry for any confusion on my part.
I am giraffe. Nothing more. Just Giraffe.

Sparky
Queen of the Zulus

Unread post by Sparky » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:08 pm

Its not your fault Giraffe! You suggested it for Monday, we found ourself needing something for Saturday so we kinda borrowed it. 8:p I did the same thing on my birthday after someone suggested a restaurant for a different weekend.

In any case, Jim and I are comitted to the Folsom Zoo tomorrow at around 10 am. We can't make it Monday, so we're doing it Saturday. Either people join us or they don't. 8:) Afterwords I guess we'll go to eat? I'm all for Mexican but Jim doesn't want that, so we may drive there separate;y so he can leave if I decide to hang out with people someplace he doesn't want to go. Sorry but I'm not up for the planning required for a picnic (coolers, buying various foods beforehand etc) so I want to do a restaurant. If food plans fall though entirely its all good! Jim and I will just go someplace by ourselves.

Again if people are coming to the zoo and want to make sure to meet up, my Google Voice # is 9168775494