Camping?

A subforum for event planning and idea discussion.

Moderators: Helpers, Moderators

Zoren
who?

Re: Camping?

Unread post by Zoren » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:11 am

Heh, this looks like it's turned more into a camping thread then a hiking thread.. I think I'll try and do some splitting since it would also be nice to think up separate ideas for day hikes..

As for camping.. I've never been that thrilled about it.. but I've had fun when a daily shower is available and good friends are around.. The year we went to Scotts Flat actually was one of the best years of group camping I can remember, well aside from that accidental fight with the midget, but that's another story. I also support the motion to look into setting up another camping trip there. So clearly it's now on the agenda and we'll see what dates are available and the costs to do it..

Maia_Libre
Social Justice Druid

Unread post by Maia_Libre » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:54 am

If y'all wanna go do REAL camping (nya), then there's a great place that's ~$21/night/site off Ice House Road. It's a drive, but it's on a lake with beautiful trails. I went up there before the start of the fall semester and had a blast. Granted, the water was cold as BALLS but that didn't stop us from swimming.
I stared into the void, but it never called me back.

Zoren
who?

Unread post by Zoren » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:02 pm

maia_chan wrote:If y'all wanna go do REAL camping (nya),
No, I for one don't want real camping. I like my showers and flush toilets and inflatable mattresses. :P

But yeah still that is a good suggestion for those who do want to really camp..

silvermosico
Agent #09095

Unread post by silvermosico » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:03 pm

maia_chan wrote:If y'all wanna go do REAL camping (nya),
This sounds awesome!
Zoren wrote:No, I for one don't want real camping. I like my showers and flush toilets and inflatable mattresses. :P
It'll only be for one or two nights x3 I just don't wanna deal with noise from nearby camp sites >.>

I grew up with goin out to some random place by a waterway big enough to swim in, pitching a tent and rolling out a few mattresses.
I really miss the sounds of nature, not the sounds of the campsite next door. lol might as well pitch a tent in my back yard if I wanted to hear that
Image I eat happiness

Maia_Libre
Social Justice Druid

Unread post by Maia_Libre » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:40 pm

I might be going to Yosemite for my birthday.
I stared into the void, but it never called me back.

Luxemburgtheskunk

Unread post by Luxemburgtheskunk » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:21 pm

I'd love to go camping, but with my weird hours and not having Saturday off it's hard to do a group thing for me.
Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking Luxemburg Skunk.

Wolfstang

Unread post by Wolfstang » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:38 pm

With these warm days we're having this week, it got me thinking about camping again. I'm not sure how fast Scott's Flat is booking up this year. Probably not a bad idea to think about getting a site(s) reserved soon.

Start thinking about it if you want to go. Also what weekends will not work for anyone? If just a few want to go we can just get by with a single site. I'm going to book my own personal trips soon. I'll probably do at least two weekend trips (Friday afternoon thru Sunday noonish) up there this summer.
Life is easier to swallow covered in fur.

Zoren
who?

Unread post by Zoren » Fri May 02, 2014 2:53 am

Well discussion seems to have become sparse on this topic.. One thought I had recently is perhaps instead of looking to the hills we should look toward the delta for camping options. we might possibly get some more Bay Area furs to join in if we camp in that direction..

silvermosico
Agent #09095

Unread post by silvermosico » Fri May 02, 2014 3:57 am

Zoren wrote:One thought I had recently is perhaps instead of looking to the hills we should look toward the delta for camping options. we might possibly get some more Bay Area furs to join in if we camp in that direction..
That could be fun!

I keep forgetting to ask where my family used to go camping. I need to try to remember to ask lol
Image I eat happiness

silvermosico
Agent #09095

Unread post by silvermosico » Fri May 02, 2014 5:35 am

Don't think I ever posted this whoops ^^;

Better late than never right?
Image I eat happiness